Cyber Week Scheduled
Atlanta is prepared to shoe the world how it's thriving as the eminent cyber security hub.
Baker Donelson and the Metro Atlanta Chamber have organized the inaugural Atlanta Cyber Week, a public-private collaboration Oct. 2 to 6 to highlight the region’s cyber-security ecosystem and to connect growth-oriented cyber-security companies with Fortune 1000 companies.
Cybercon, whose keynote speaker is Nadav Zafrir, the co-founder and CEO of Team8, Israel’s leading cyber-security think tank and venture creation foundry, and the National Technology Security Coalition’s CISO Policy Conference are anchoring Atlanta Cyber Week, whose sponsors include Conexx.
Zafrir founded the Israel Defense Forces’ Cyber Command and commanded Unit 8200, an elite cyber-security unit.
“I am extremely proud of how Atlanta’s corporate, economic development, tech and security communities have rallied in support of Atlanta Cyber Week,” said Justin Daniels, a Baker Donelson shareholder who is leading Atlanta Cyber Week. “Atlanta is prepared to show the world that our city has the talent and infrastructure to thrive as the world’s pre-eminent cyber-security hub.”
The final schedule:
Monday, Oct. 2
- “Info-Sec in the Southeast,” a primer for the week; noon at Georgia Tech.
- “Startups & CISOs @ ATDC,” a mixer and discussion; 6 p.m. at the Advanced Technology Development Center.
Tuesday, Oct. 3
- “Cybersecurity in a Globalizing World”; 7:30 a.m. at the Commerce Club.
- “Fintech Ireland & Fintech Atlanta”; noon at The Garage at Tech Square.
- “CISO-FinTech Meetup”; 5:30 p.m. at Baker Donelson.
Wednesday, Oct. 4
- Cybercon 2017; all day at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center.
Thursday, Oct. 5
- NTSC CISO Policy Conference; all day at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center.
- Cyber Blur 2017; 6 p.m. at Tech Square Labs.
Friday, Oct. 6
- TEDxPeachtree; all day at the Rialto Center for the Arts.
- Cyber security lectures; noon at the ATDC.
- Capture the Flag competition; all day at Georgia State University
More information is available at www.atlantacyberweek.com and www.cybercon.us.